We had a great 4 day weekend at the beach! Mom and Dad left their camper down here so we were able to use that. We LOVE to camp - you get to grill out and build big fires every night! And at the place we stayed at this time there was a hottub at each site so even though it was 35 degrees outside at night, you could sit in the hottub by the fire!! I do have to say, when my dad is responsible to bring the firewood, we always run out (Adam likes to have huge, roaring fires), and when Adam is responsible to bring the firewood we always have way too much! We had gigantic fires each night and still brought a lot back home with us!!! We look forward to returning in the near future!
Our sad news to share is that Missy, my family dog growing up (a cute little ShihTzu) passed away last Thursday. She has been a part of the family since I was 13!! And although I didn't get to see her every day anymore, whenever I went back to IN she would still sit with me on the couch (and expect me to pet her the whole time!!) and times when Adam didn't go back to IN with me, she would lay in the bed right next to me like she always did before I moved out. I was soo sad when I found out she had passed away and wouldn't be there when we get to my parent's house on Friday. (even typing this right now I have tears running down my face!!) She was a great dog!
We are still planning our trip up to IN this weekend. We will drive all day Friday to spend Sat/Sun there and then drive back south all day Mon! It will be quite the trip! And of course I will have a very hard time sharing of Connor over the weekend - I will be holding him lots and lots after being away from him all week! Oh, and I can't wait for Connor to have his pics taken by the Carignans!
1 comment:
I know returning to work for me was very hard to. I was able to hold it together and never cried. I must be a bad mother. I knew he was in good hands. Our daycare is great and they both love it. Glad to hear that things are going well. Be careful driving to Indiana. We're celebrating Christmas this weekend with my husband's family. Early huh? Keep the updates coming.
Post a Comment