Tuesday, June 16, 2009

6 months ago today..........

6 months today I got that horrible phone call that mom had passed away..... some days I am still in shock and wish I was going to wake up from a nightmare. Every day I still wish I could call her - to complain about work, tell her about the new/fun things Connor is now doing, tell her a "crazy patient" story, just to say hi/i love you, etc. These past six months I have found comfort in poems and certain song lyrics. I am glad she is Connor's guardian angel.

Why did she have to go
So young I just don't know why
Things happen half the time
Without reason without rhyme
Lovely, sweet young woman
Daughter, wife and mother
Makes no sense to me
I just have to believe

She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me

Loved ones she left behind
Just trying to survive
And understand the why
Feeling so lost inside
Anger shot straight at God
Then asking for His love
Empty with disbelief
Just hoping that maybe

She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me

It's hard to say goodbye
Her picture in my mind
They'll always be of times I'll cherish
And I won't cry 'cause

She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me
Don't worry 'bout me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to post a new blog.... guess who?

Diane said...

slyclueI read this yesterday and was amazed at how insensitive the remark ‘you need to post a new blog…guess who?’ Elizabeth was very close to her mother, she used this outlet to express her feelings and for anyone to tell her to post something new was very unkind.

Maybe I shouldn’t be writing this, maybe Elizabeth understands this remark but I wanted to express my thoughts on how this must have hurt her feelings. When milestones for your lost loved one comes along it helps to share feelings, write them for others to read to understand your pain.

Elizabeth, I hope you are feeling better and that your days are becoming somewhat brighter, I have a feeling that Connor is a big help in that!

Diane/Mom