As I sit here typing this I am still in total shock that my mom passed away on Tues, Dec 16th. She was my best friend and the world's greatest mom and #1 grandmama. I am so thankful she got to meet Connor, yet I hate it that he never got to know what a wonderful grandmama she was. Connor was cheated by never having the chance to know her. Words alone cannot describe my grief - I am absolutely devastated and heartbroken. Mom was such a wonderful woman - we have soo many memories to cherish.... I am just not sure how to move on from here. Thank goodness we have Connor - even as the tears are streaming down my face, when he smiles at me I can't help but smile back and feel my shattered heart filling with love. She may be gone from this earth, but will never be forgotten. She is now Connor's guardian angel.
The Broken Chain:
We little knew that morning that God was going to call your name,
In life we loved you dearly, in death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone.
For part of us went with you, the day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide.
And though we cannot see you, you are always at our side.
Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same,
But as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.
A special thank you to all of my wonderful friends who have been soo absolutely wonderful to me during this difficult time - the calls and text messages have helped soo much and I feel blessed to be surrounded by such great people. I am not sure when I will blog again, but I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. PLEASE pray for my family as we struggle to cope with the loss of my mom.
5 comments:
Elizabeth...
I have already told you this once, but even though I am far away I will be here for you no matter what! I cannot begin to know exactly how you feel, but I am here for you know matter what...my should is her for you to cry on! Conner and Adam will get you through this difficult time! Just know that your mother is so proud of all you have accomplished and so very proud of your baby boy. She will live on through all of you forever! Even though it may be hard, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Love you all,
Summer
Elizabeth,
I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for you and your entire family, especially right here at Christmas. I will certainly be praying for healing and peace during this time. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
Elizabeth & Adam,
Words cannot describe the hurt I felt for you all yesterday! I will pray that the wonderful memories of Debbie will help you all get through Christmas and the days to follow! You have a huge family and we all love you guys dearly! If you need anything...you know all the "Birds" will be there for you! Debbie will not only be Connor's guardian angel but yours, Tommy's & Joey's as well. Let Debbie's laughter and love live through you! She was a wonderful person who will be missed tremendously!
We all love you!
Tricia
Elizabeth, Adam, and Connor,
I can`t begin to tell you the sorrow that Darlene and are feeling for you and your entire family. I don`t have to tell you this, but your Mom was, and still is thought of with great admiration, and respect. You should be proud of being her daughter, for we all know how proud she is of you, and your family.Only time will heal pain, but time will never take away memories, which you will cherish forever.
Love, U. Mike
Elizabeth and Adam and Connor,
I just caught up looking at your blog. All of the pictures are so good. You are in our prayers.
We miss Debbie so much. All the memories you have and pictures of Debbie are a blessing for you. I have your whole family in my heart. Please remember we are close by in Fairmont. If you need us please call.
I forwarded the e-mail about Connor's picture in the baby photo contest to people I know. And I voted for Connor. He is so cute.
We love you. Carolyne
Post a Comment