Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Week 17 - we are into Month 5!!!
Hey everyone! Hope you are all doing great!! I had a doctor's appt this AM. The good news is that the heartbeat was good and strong and the doctor said he thought the baby was doing good. The bad news is that I have gained about 10 lbs so far, and apparently I should have gained less than 4 lbs at this point! So I was told I am not allowed to gain any weight between now and my next appt (in 4 weeks)!!! He went on and on about how I am putting myself at risk for gestational diabetes (which I am already at high risk for given my family history) And here I was thinking that I was doing good with my eating habits/weight gain! BUT, the good news is that everything is going well! We return in 4 weeks to find out if it is a boy or girl!! We can't wait to find out! Unfortunately the morning sickness is still hanging around, but now I am just used to it and it is part of my daily routine!!!
PaJoe just turned 85!!! I spent a nice weekend up in NC with mom, dad and pajoe to celebrate his birthday. He is recovering well from surgery and seems to be doing as good as ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
At Olivia's 18 month checkup, her pediatrician was a little concerned about her lack of vocabulary. At the request of my aunt, who works in Special Ed and has some Communication background, she told me to go ahead and get her checked out now. She said it is easier to start speech therapy earlier than later. My friend Robin also suggested I test her a while ago, but I just put it off because I thought she would start chattering one day. I know she will, when she is ready.
Anyway, I have no idea or advice to give on how to not gain any weight in four weeks. That seems a little hard not to do, but just drink lots of water and eat good/healthy food and it will all work out.
I can't wait to find out if Baby Ross is a boy or a girl. Have you all decided on names?
I think it sounds good that you have only gained 10 pounds...considering I gained about 80!!!! hahaha (Yes, I DID have gestational dai9abetes.) You need to watch your diet, drink lots of water and you & Adam take the dogs out for many walks! Just enjoy these days. Being pregnant is so much fun! (Hopefully the morning sickness will go away soon!) I can't wait to find out if your little one is a boy or a girl! Are you planning to let everyone know? Keep us updated and add some pictures of your growing belly!
Love,
Tricia
Post a Comment