Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We Are Having A Baby!!!!

Adam and I are soo excited to share with you all our big news: We are having a baby!!! We have been praying for this for months (it feels like years!) and we can finally share the good news!!! I am due on Oct 11!!! So far things have been going good. I got to hear the heartbeat yesterday!! (Adam was soo bummed that he couldn't be there - but he was at the last appt and got to see the ultrasound - it was soo cool to see the fetus and see the heartbeat) I would love to be able to report that I haven't had any morning sickness, but that would be lying! Some days I have constant nausea. But it will all be worth it in the end!!!

I need to say a special thanks to a few people. First, thank you soo much to all of my friends who have supported Adam and I along this journey and helped keep us optimistic that our time would come and we would be blessed with this miracle. Our friends kept us going!

I also have to say a big special thanks to my two friends who have known I was pregnant and have given me more support than they know - Angel and Mandy. Angel and I have been best friends forever - she is going to have a little boy in May!! Angel, all the calls (and the gift) have meant so much to me - I sure wish we lived closer to each other, but no matter the distance I know you are always there for me! And Mandy, we have only known each other for 6 months, but you have been such a great friend. Thanks for the advice, all the talks, all the support, telling Adam I am not crazy for feeling so sick so often!, the Sprite (that day you saved me - I couldn't have finished work without it!), the gifts, and of course you and Dave just being there for me and Adam. We couldn't have picked better neighbors!

And certainly I have to give a great big thank you to mom. You have always supported Adam and I through everything, and this has been no exception! We appreciate you keeping our secret for us all this time!! Thank you for letting us call at crazy hours about random things! Your advice and support has meant soo much these last couple of months. And a big thanks to you and dad for putting up with my late night breadstick cravings at the beach!!! Adam and I have loved being able to talk to you about things. And dad, can't wait for you to come paint the nursery and fix up the closet! We can't wait to see you both this weekend!

And last but not least, I definitely have to thank Adam. He has been such a great husband (he has always been great, but he has been exceptionally wonderful recently) I know it has been hard on him days that I have been too sick to do much around the house. He is great at laundry, dishes, vaccuming, dinner, etc. And I appreciate the times he has gone out to pick me up something I was craving! Not to say that at times he has wanted to let me fend for myself (his famous line became: are your legs broken??!!!), but he has done soo much for me. And it has been soo fun that he is just as excited about this baby as I am. Thank you for everthing Adam!!!

Ok, enough of me rambling! We will definitely continue to post updates!
Hope you all have a great week!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for both of you! I can't wait to see you this summer...maybe in a maternity bathing suit!? Get ready for the best years of your life! The love you have for your child is priceless!

Love,
Tricia

The Hodges Family said...

YAHHHHHH!! congrats you guys!!! we're so happy for you! i knew that had to be the great news :) elizabeth, i'm so sorry you've been so sick, i feel your pain. i just had some rice krispies and threw them all up. HAHHA!!!! this part of it sucks, BUT it gets SO much better in the second trimester and you're right, it's SO worth it! hang in there girl! AND CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!!! jess

Joel, Hillary, Camden and Kendall said...

Congratulations guys! We're so happy for you and can't wait to read about your new addition to the family! Make sure to post pictures of that cute growing belly! Take Care!
The Novaks

Anonymous said...

Congradulations!!! I am so excited for the both you and I can't wait til Christmas!! You will have many happy memories to come. Are you hoping for a Girl or Boy? Either way, they are both great and you two are going to be wonderful parents. I'm so excited for you both!! Summer is excited too!! I look forward to seeing soon.

Love,
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the loving comments. I will always support whatever you do. You are my Baby, and now you will soon understand those feelings with your Baby!! I am always here whenever you need me. Thanks soo much to you both for sharing your life with me. It has been my pleasure to be a part of yours. Thanks for allowing me to be the first to know!! Can't wait!!!
Love,
MOM